Behavioral Health Care Coordinator
We are looking for a motivated Behavioral Health Care Coordinator to join our growing team by December 2019 as we prepare to move into our brand new facility! The Care Coordinator functions as a core member of a collaborative care team that involves the patient’s primary care provider, a consulting psychiatrist and other mental health providers that may be available in the primary care clinic. The Care Coordinator is responsible for delivering integrated mental health care in consultation with a primary care team, and coordinating referrals to clinically indicated services outside the primary care clinic (e.g. social services, mental health specialty care, and substance abuse treatment).
The ideal candidate enjoys working on a team, making connections, and building relationships. In addition, the ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, – listening included – the ability to establish effective, trusting relationships, and passion to provide exceptional care to the patients of Winters Healthcare as we partner with them in their health journey.
- Care management and follow up tracking of behavioral health patients using care registries
- Monitor patients in person or by telephone for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications
- Provide or facilitate outside referrals to evidence-based psychosocial treatments as clinically indicated.
- Facilitate patient engagement and follow-up in health care
- Track patient treatment, follow-up and clinical outcomes using the care management tracking system.
- Document in person and telephone encounters in EHR and use the system to identify and reengage patients who may be lost to follow-up.
- Work within a fast-paced primary care setting: provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric concerns and/or disorders.
- Assess needs of primary care providers related to behavioral health services.
- Provide effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Provide walk-in behavioral health services as needed.
- Credentials include: CA LCSW, MSW, Doctorate in Clinical/Counseling Psychology (accredited programs)
- Knowledge of psycho-pharmacology and experience working through brief patient contact to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of behavioral concerns
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is required
- And last but, certainly not least, we want you to love what you do!
- The position is full time 40 hours a week (1.0 FTE). You will have a consistent schedule each week
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly rate range starts at $ 41.00/hour and may increase depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits 100% sponsored for employees working 20+ hours per week
- No cost supplemental long-term disability, life insurance/ AD&D, employee assistance program
- 9 Holiday paid days off
- 2-5 weeks of Paid Time Off (based on years of service)
- License reimbursement and Continuing Medical Education (full-time at 1.0 FTE = $1500 & 40 hours per year)
- 401K retirement match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- We promote a work-life balance – no scheduled shifts over 8 hours and we are closed on the weekends.
- We are also a NHSC loan eligible site!
Here at Winters Healthcare, we know that we are a unique organization and we love what we do and for whom we do it. We are big on fit, and while we will assess that fit, we understand that you are doing the same thing. So, tell us what your interests are and let’s collaborate together to do great things for our patients and our community. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Dr. Javier Luna, our Director of Integrated Health, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruiters - do not contact – we enjoy hearing from our candidates directly.