We are on the lookout for a compassionate and driven Dental Department Manager to join our growing team! We place emphasis on establishing trusting relationships with devotion to quality health outcomes. As a Dental Manager with Winters Healthcare, you will be a partner to the Dental Director, Director of Operations, and the Medical Department Manager. You will work in a fast-paced, yet caring, environment leading two front office receptionists and three Dental Assistants. While there may not be a typical day, your general duties include oversight of patient scheduling, employee scheduling, workflow implementation and oversight, and collaborate with providers on issues and resources. As an organization that values integrated care, you will also work alongside our Quality Manager and medical team to identify barriers and improvements to support the patient’s overall health.
At the end of 2019, we will be moving into our brand new facility, where the medical, dental, and administrative offices will be under one roof! Over the last two years, we have planned and prepared for this move, and it would be ideal that we have Dental Manager who has the knowledge of efficient dental operations/requirements to continue the momentum and support our transition into a new facility. In addition, the ideal candidate enjoys working with people, making connections, and building relationships. Strong communication skills – listening included – along with the ability to establish effective, trusting relationships with patients, colleagues, and the community is important to us. Can you see yourself here? We hope so!
- Communicate & collaborate with dental, medical, and behavioral health teams, supporting integrated care
- Directly supervise and lead Front Office Receptionists and Dental Assistants (DA/RDA)
- Proactively manage, develop, and implement clinic workflows/processes supporting delivery of patient care.
- Adhere to and provide training on OSHA, Dental Practice Act, and Infection Control standards
- Minimum of two years’ experience with management in a dental office or Federally Qualified Health Center
- Licensed as a registered dental assistant (RDA) is preferred, and CPR certification (within 6 months)
- Basic Spanish terminology is required (greeting the patient, basic dental terminology.); fluency is a plus!
- Knowledge of electronic health records such as eClinical Works and Open Dental
- Ability and comfort building relationships with coworkers and patients, along with the ability to lead others
- Ability to interpret private insurance and Denti-cal insurance guidelines and limitations
- This position is full-time at 40 hours per week. A minimum of one evening shift per week is required (11am – 8pm), other days will be 8am – 5pm.
Anticipated Hire Date:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual equivalent salary range starts at $52,475 and may increase depending on experience & qualifications
- Covered insurances include Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and long-term disability – 100% covered for employee
- 401K retirement match program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Professional liability insurance includes tail and wrap around coverage
- Work-life balance (no weekends or days over 8 hours!)
Here at Winters Healthcare, we know that we are a unique organization and we love what we do and for whom we do it. We are big on fit, and while we will assess that fit, we understand that you are doing the same.
To apply for the position:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email by August 2nd – letting us know what your interests are – and let’s collaborate together to do great things for our patients and our community! To chat with us, contact Kelly Gustafson, Director of Human Resources at 530-212-1029 or by email at email@example.com.
Recruiters please do not contact – we enjoy hearing from our candidates directly.