We are on the lookout for a compassionate Dentist to join our small and mighty team of dedicated individuals! We place emphasis on establishing trusting relationships while being devoted to quality health outcomes and we have the data and measures results to prove it. As a Dentist with Winters Healthcare, you will be one of our four dental providers providing general dentistry for pediatric to geriatric patients. We provide as many services in house as long as it is safe for the patient, and in the event we cannot meet the need of the patient, we have several specialty partners in the surrounding areas who will care for our patient.
As a Dentist with Winters Healthcare, you won’t just examine and fix teeth. You will be a partner with each of your patients, and team members providing exceptional care to each person that walks in the door. We are an office that values providing education in a manner that is individualized based on the patient’s needs and understanding of their own oral health. We believe that oral health isn’t just about the teeth, but also about the overall physical and mental health of the patient. You will work closely with the hygienists to check in on the patient’s oral health, as well as with our Integrated Health Coaches for the patient’s engagement in their health.
The ideal candidate enjoys providing general dentistry, is comfortable with extractions, and someone who is great with pediatric patients (under 8 years old). The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with people, making connections, and building relationships. Strong communication skills, and the ability to establish effective, trusting relationships with patients, colleagues and the community is important to us. Can you see yourself here? We hope so!
- Communicate, collaborate and work in a team-oriented environment supporting our model of care
- Provide direct patient care: general dentistry, extractions, pediatric dentistry (under 8 years old)
- Provide individualized patient care within the best resources, while also understanding the patient’s individual situation
- Current DDS or DMD license to practice in the state of California, and CPR certification (within 6 months)
- Basic Spanish terminology is required (greeting the patient, basic dental terminology, etc.); Fluency (the ability to read, write, and speak) in Spanish is a plus!
- Knowledge of electronic health records such as eClinical Works and Open Dental
- Ability and comfort building relationships with coworkers and patients
- Significant background providing outstanding customer service
- A passion and dedication for serving the health care needs of our clients
- This position is part-time at 24 hours per week with potential opportunity to increase hours when we are in our new facility in January 2020.
Expected Hire Date:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly wage range starts at $68 per hour and may increase depending on experience
- Covered insurances include Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and long-term disability.
- Paid Time Off, paid holidays off and CME days off.
- CME and license allowance also provided.
- 401K retirement match program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Professional liability insurance includes tail and wrap around coverage
- Work-life balance (no weekends or days over 8 hours!) and minimal to no call.
- NHSC Loan Eligible site (Opportunity for up to $50,000 for full-time and up to $25,000 for part-time in loan assistance)
Here at Winters Healthcare, we know that we are a unique organization and we love what we do and for whom we do it. We are big on fit, and while we will assess that fit, we understand that you are doing the same.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email (outside of LinkedIn) – letting us know what your interests are – and let’s collaborate together to do great things for our patients and our community!
To chat with us, contact Kelly Gustafson, Director of Human Resources at 530-212-1029 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can check us out online at www.wintershealth.org. Recruiters please do not contact – we enjoy hearing from our candidates directly.