We are on the lookout for a passionate and motivated Medical Assistant to join our team! As a MA on a care team, you will have an important role in building a trusting relationship with the patient to ensure they receive exceptional care within Winters Healthcare. You will help monitor and manage the provider’s patient schedule to ensure smooth flow from patient to patient. You will greet patients, record the patient’s reason for the visit, perform and record vital signs, perform phlebotomy and provide immunizations to patients of all ages as directed by the medical provider. You will also follow-up on labs, referrals, and prescription refill requests in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner, organized, bilingual in English and Spanish, and has a significant background providing excellent customer service! The ideal candidate enjoys working with people, making connections, and building relationships. In addition, the ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, – listening included – the ability to establish effective, trusting relationships, and passion to provide exceptional care to the patients of Winters Healthcare as we partner with them in their health journey. Can you see yourself here? We hope so!
- Communicate, collaborate and work in a team-oriented environment supporting our model of care
- Greet and escort patients; record chief complaint and vitals; and giving immunizations or performing phlebotomy when directed to do so by the licensed care team provider.
- Assist providers with patient care including coordinating referrals, labs, and prescription refill requests.
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant training program, or technical school;
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Medical Assistant
- CPR Certification (or receipt of certification within 60 days of hire)
- Significant background providing outstanding customer service
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly rate range starts at $16/hour and may increase depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits 100% sponsored for employees working 20+ hours per week
- No cost for supplemental long-term disability, life insurance/ AD&D, employee assistance program
- Paid time off: 9 Holiday paid days off, and 2-5 weeks of Paid Time Off (based on years of service)
- 401K retirement match, and a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Here at Winters Healthcare, we know that we are a unique organization and we love what we do and for whom we do it. We are big on fit, and while we will assess that fit, we understand that you are doing the same. Tell us what your interests are and let’s collaborate together to do great things for our patients and our community!
To chat with us, contact Kelly Gustafson, Director of Human Resources at 530-212-1029 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruiters, please do not contact – we enjoy hearing from our candidates directly.