Registered Dental Hygienist
We are on the lookout for a compassionate Registered Dental Hygienist to join our small and mighty team of dedicated individuals part-time (16 hours/week)! We place emphasis on establishing trusting relationships and are devoted to quality health outcomes, with the data and measure results to prove it. Our dental services include general dentistry for pediatric to geriatric patients. We provide as many services in house as long as it is safe for the patient, and in the event we cannot meet the need of the patient, we have several specialty partners in the surrounding areas who will care for our patient.
As a Hygienist with Winters Healthcare, you won’t just clean teeth. You will be the primary partner with each of your patients, supporting them to improve their overall hygiene. We are an office that values providing education in a manner that is individualized based on the patient’s needs and understanding of their own oral health. We believe that oral health isn’t just about the teeth, but also about the overall physical and mental health of the patient. You will work closely with the doctor’s to check in on the patient’s oral health, as well as with our Integrated Health Coaches for the patient’s engagement in their health.
The ideal candidate not only has a strong perio knowledge, but is also someone who enjoys working with people, making connections, and building relationships. Strong communication skills, and the ability to establish effective, trusting relationships with patients, colleagues and the community is important to us. We are also eager to add someone to the team who is interested in community outreach and who would be interested in engaging with different groups of the community for early intervention and education. Can you see yourself here? We hope so!
- Communicate, collaborate and work in a team-oriented environment supporting our model of care
- Provide direct patient care: SRP, prophylaxis, apply sealants and fluoride, place medications intra-orally and to periodontal pockets as prescribed by dentist
- Provide individualized patient education and collaborate with team on community outreach events.
- Basic Spanish terminology is required (greeting the patient, basic dental terminology, etc.)
- Fluency (the ability to read, write and speak) in English and Spanish is a plus!
- Current RDH license to practice in the state of California, and current CPR certification (within 6 months)
- Knowledge of electronic health records such as eClinical Works and Open Dental
- Ability and comfort building relationships with coworkers and patients
- Significant background providing outstanding customer service
- A passion and dedication for serving the health care needs of our clients
- This position is part-time at 16 hours per week: Monday: 8am – 5pm, Thursday: 11am – 8pm. There may be opportunity to increase hours when we are in our new facility in January 2020.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly wage range starts at $45 per hour and may increase depending on experience
- Paid Time Off, paid holidays off and CME days off.
- CME and license allowance also provided.
- 401K retirement match program
- Professional liability insurance includes tail and wrap around coverage
- Work-life balance (no weekends or days over 8 hours!) and minimal to no call.
- NHSC Loan Eligible site (Up to $50,000 in loan assistance opportunity)
Here at Winters Healthcare, we know that we are a unique organization and we love what we do and for whom we do it. We are big on fit, and while we will assess that fit, we understand that you are doing the same. Tell us what your interests are and let us collaborate to do great things for our patients and our community!
To chat with us, contact Kelly Gustafson, Director of Human Resources at 530-212-1029 or by email at email@example.com. You can check us out online at www.wintershealth.org. Recruiters please do not contact – we enjoy hearing from our candidates directly.